Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Getting Our Hopes Up Again!

Oh my goodness, oh my goodness!! When we went past this evening, we couldn't believe how much had been done (on a 35 degree day too, I might add!). The brick work is probably at least half done, probably more, and some of our cabinets have arrived! The french-doors have also been fitted to the en-suite, and they have had an all-round tidy up too.
So now, we start wondering..... will the house be finished before we have to move out of here Mid-Feb? 


Here are some cabinets, mostly for the kitchen I think. I can see the wine rack sitting there on top. I hope they are going to fill it up for us! 


Part of the kitchen bench I presume: 


French-doors in the en-suite (and the spot for the spa, which looks a bit small to me, but anyway):


Brickwork almost complete along the back of the house. You can see yesterday's dry mortar down the bottom. Blonde me was worried that we had two different coloured bricks. Oh dear! 


Standing in the back corner looking towards the al-fresco and the street: I am pleased with the way the guttering blends in with the bricks and still manages to suit the tile colour. The mortar is a bit lighter than I would have liked though. In the photo you can see where its light at the bottom where it is dried and darker (and looking better) at the top where it is still wet. 


No comments: