Wednesday, March 4, 2009

I Believe In Miracles....




Having received the bad news phone call last Thursday, I had started to make arrangements for the next few weeks... begging our real estate for an extension of our lease, possible kenneling for the animals, storage for our stuff etc.... but then yesterday, out of the blue I received a phone call that would change everything!
"So you are going to settle on Friday?' or words to that effect. To which I replied *laugh* "ha ha, I wish, no we're meeting for our formal walk through appointment on Friday". Then she said " oh well your site supervisor is around there today and he thinks that everything will be done by Friday, you can go and meet him there at 12 if you like"
I did everything I could to not get too excited in case there was a mistake. When we got to the house there were cars and people everywhere. Stuff had been done, stuff was being done!
Sure enough, with a couple of people working flat out for a week or so, every thing has been finished off and we will be settling on Friday! I'm still trying to get my head around things, and I am so pleased that they managed to get all of their workers on site for a very busy week to get everything finished off for us so we don't have to be homeless!! I know they have a lot of other homes that are very nearly finished too, so its awesome that we got to get ours finished straight away. When our site supervisor said he'd do everything he could to get us in before the long weekend, he certainly meant it and we are most thankful.
So hopefully, if everything goes to plan, we will sign the papers and pick up the keys on Friday. Mum arrives on Saturday to help with the move. We have arranged family to come up to paint the feature walls over the long weekend, and removalists on Tuesday. This time next week, we should be waking up after the first night in our wonderful new home!

No comments: