Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Finally!!

I went past yesterday and saw what I had been waiting for... the liquid copper doors! They didn't look all that metallic, but it was nearly dark. I can imagine in the daylight they'd be stunning!


They have also started boarding up some of the facade for render. The facade is taking sooooo long, but I think they are doing a very thorough job. The tiles for the large pillar  have arrived, but I think this is another 'last minute' job because they don't want them to get damaged. 

They also painted the meter box and the al-fresco beam. It looks totally revolting. I hope and trust there will be another coat.... I am sure there will be. It's true the colour matches one of our main render colours on the facade, but they looked so much better with just the timber stain. Then we could have matched our decking timber to that colour and it would have looked lovely. I am fairly sure that there was no option in our colour selection to say how we wanted them and we over looked it and they went with their standard idea. Oh well. 



No comments: