Thursday, January 22, 2009

More Progress

It's funny... sometimes I think there is nothing much happening with the house. I drive past and there is no one there. It's a bit frustrating given the fact that we get evicted in just under two months! However, yesterday I spoke to our supervisor and I felt good again! He said that we are getting very close to the end. He even gave me a date for our walk-through with them... 11th Feb!! I couldn't believe it... to me there still seems so much to do. So, I went to have a look tonight, and this is what I saw: 

OK, this makes me cross. The controls for the heating/ cooling are in the most ridiculous spot. Here is a nice niche in the wall for our book case, and they go and put the controls right in the middle. In the display home they are over the air vent in the hall near the bathroom... much more sensible and far less unsightly. There is nothing on our electrical plan saying where the controls go, so I am not sure if we have grounds to complain... but if you look at the display home, which is supposed to be the same unless stated otherwise......
So I will ask tomorrow if it can be moved. If it can, then good on Carlisle, great customer service... if it can't, I will be very disappointed, but accepting. 


They have taken down the top row of cupboards so they wouldn't be damaged when the forgotten bulkhead went in (thanks again for pointing that out Andrew). The afterthought bulkhead went in a day or two ago... big improvement! Beneath the cupboards you can see where the downlights above the bench will go... and if you look down further you will see....
THE CAESARSTONE BENCHTOPS!! 


Aren't they bewdiful?? 

Our en-suite is pretty much finished too... I can't wait for the bath to go in, but that's won't be 'til the end. It doesn't look as big as I remember it though. 


And today they started finishing off the facade. You can see the start of the pergola here. I can't wait until they get the liquid copper paint on the front doors!!


Anyway, that's it for today. It's been a bitch of a day, and I don't feel like writing at all. 
Hopefully there will be more to post after the weekend. We're having a bit of a working bee in the backyard, so that should be productive!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW!


I know the reason why the ensuite would seem smaller...


All the displays have a huge mirror on the wall opposite the ensuite entry, ie the wall next to spa.


Dont know if you will have a mirror there, but we wont, and mirrors definitely give the illusion of more space.


Your house looks stunning, especially the kitchen!


How come you didnt notice the cooling programming thing last time? You took a photo of it in the last blog entry..?


Regards