Wednesday, December 24, 2008

A Nice Christmas Present

Upon inspection today we were pleasantly surprised to find most of the floor tiles down! Our site  supervisor said it was a goal to get it done by Christmas, but he wasn't sure if it would happen, especially with the delay with the paining. We are so pleased! The house is looking fantastic and we just want to get in there and start decorating, gardening etc. They did make a mistake with the tiles though. They have laid them between the theatre and the lounge where there was supposed to be carpet. Pretty slack really, they should have looked at the plans. I imagine a lot of people would be a bit annoyed, but it really doesn't bother me. It's not something I was sold on one way or the other, so I doubt we will be kicking up too much of a fuss. What does concern me though is that the place has been left unlocked over the holiday. Given the trouble we have had so far with things going missing, I am feeling very nervous. I sent our site supervisor a text letting him know. I didn't want to ring and hassle him After all, it is Christmas Eve, and he has a life... but it would have been irresponsible of me not to let him know. 

It is starting to get hard to sleep at night! We are really impressed with our building experience so far. Carlisle have been amazing... We even got a Merry Christmas phone call yesterday!

The grand entry hall:

Standing at the laundry door, looking at part of the kitchen bench and the lovely floor tiles:

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go Jen!

I'm afraid we don't have tiles just yet...

They should be able to fix the tiles ASAP! And they better! :)


Don't worry, in the last few weeks, our property has been left unlocked. But since the painter has been in, all house doors and windows are closed (I hope), but the temp fence is always left unlcoked.

WE always go there to look at the house progress, and lock the door after ourselves. But i guess its pretty easy for thieves to open it anyway?

Ive seen a couple of houses building with their temp fences ALWAYS left unlocked..

They are starting to be slack with the locking up now......

Good luck with the rest of your build..

Anonymous said...

Jen,

Are your floor tiles Stardust Mocha 300x300 from Beaumonts?

Is that the one in the display, except display is 300x600?

I have seen the Stardust Mocha at the store, its a nice tile.

We will have Crystal White 300x600 porcelain tiles in powder, entry, and in between theatre and lounge.

What do you think I should do with the in between theatre and lounge? I know you will have carpet..

And BTW, the rest of the house will be Merbau or Kempas timber floating floors. (ie kitchen, meals, family).

Tell me what you think by comment back or email andrew._1@hotmail.com

Thanks,

And Merry Christmas and a happy new year! :) :)

Me said...

The tiles are savvy charcoal 400x400. Well we are supposed to have carpet between the lounge and the theatre, but I'm not too fussed that they have stuffed up and put tiles there. I guess we will wait and see. It's their mistake, so if we want it changed we will get it done.

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year, Jen!

Meghan said...

It's looking great!!! It's a very exciting time but also hard to wait those last few months for moving day!